Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rajma Curry - Review

Rajma!  It was always something which I can never cook properly. Sometimes, its undercooked, masala did not add up well, overcooked.I was never able to made it to perfection.Chuks loved the rajma curry his mom makes. I had made the curry a hundred times, with no avail.Poor me…I kept experimenting with a number of recipes.But,for Chuks it is always “its too watery”,” its not well cooked”,” the masala is not good”. I envied and ate the Rajma curry made by my north Indian friends.The taste is perfect!The masala is awesome!Everything is good.But,when I try the same thing,’Sankaran is on the coconut tree,again’ hmm…Slowly,I learnt to completely ignore the small jar of rajma in my store.Finally,I landed on this recipe.The name itself was tempting. “Malai Maar Ke! The pictures was so tempting that I decided to give it a final try.After all,I have to finish the rajma hidden in the corner ;) Or else,I will have to throw it out.

In slight variation to this recipe,I added whole milk instead of heavy cream.

Recipe: RAJMA - Malai Maar Ke :)

Verdict : The best rajma curry,I have ever made or eaten!It looked inviting,tasted delicious.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment