Friday, November 19, 2010

Apple-Banana Teabread - Review

By the time I start early for work,it is still midnight for both Chuks and Poppins.When I give a kiss on Poppins’ tiny cheeks, she utters something and curls into the warmth of the comforter. Chuks raises his hands and say “Drive carefully” and go back to his sleep as usual. When I am in the car, I feel bad for those two who have to munch down on cereals. My Poppins’ doesn’t get to know the taste of “Steamed Puttu and Kadala Curry”. “Appam and Stew “,”Dosa & Sambar” are all weekend delicacies for her. So,I am always in search of easy breakfast recipes. On a lazy work day,redirecting from one link to another, I landed on SunitaBhuyan’s blog. Most of her dishes were ‘foreign’ to me. I don’t remember seeing Assamese recipes anywhere else.And my eyes were struck on “Apple Banana Tea Bread” recipe. One thing I noticed was that  she  bakes a lot of stuff with whole wheat flour (wholemeal) instead of all purpose flour. Plus, the recipe does not have any butter .Its all healthy stuff. So I decided to give it a try.

Having three big sweet tooth’s at home, the only change I made was instead of 4tbsp of Honey, I added 6 or seven tablespoons ( I don’t remember exactly). This gave a little more natural sweetness to the bread. Plus, I put a little more than a quarter cup of olive oil instead of half cup on the recipe. Since I reduced the amount oil, I was a little doubtful that it may be a little dry. But, it was perfect. Believe me, it was really good. Healthy? Yes! Tasty? Yes! I had made it a number of times.

Recipe : http://sunitabhuyan.com/?p=83

Verdict : Yes! Yes! Yes! .


No comments:

Post a Comment